Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several years ago I had to sell off some firearms to fund a transmission rebuild on my truck. A friend bought it with the understanding that if I had the funds to spare he would happily sell it back to me. Well tomorrow the 1895 returns home and will once again take it's place with the other big bore rifles. And to boot it now wears a Skinner Alaskan sight!:D:cool:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Several years ago I had to sell off some firearms to fund a transmission rebuild on my truck. A friend bought it with the understanding that if I had the funds to spare he would happily sell it back to me. Well tomorrow the 1895 returns home and will once again take it's place with the other big bore rifles. And to boot it now wears a Skinner Alaskan sight!:D:cool:
Sounds like you have a good friend there.

·
Registered
27,090 Posts
Great that you got the 1895 back. Nice to know there are still good people out there that you can rely on their word. :cool:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Congratulations. They are nice rifles. I own a lot of old Marlins and had a 1975 Marlin 1895 that I just sold a couple of weeks ago to fund another purchase. I didn't need it for hunting around here and it is fun to shoot but hard on the shoulder as a range rifle.

·
Super Moderator
34,428 Posts
Impossible to not like a fine Marlin big bore lever action, we have two here:

.45-70.

.450 Marlin.

The .450 is one I have only fired a relatively few times. A gal's got to know her limitations and I know mine!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts