Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had to meet Geoff40 today at the gun store in Hooksett NH. I forgot my shooting bag at the RNS Saturday. What can I say another senior moment!

Anyway we went shopping and I bought a scope and rings and base.
Also a hammer spur. Went browsing and saw a few 29's that Jeff has an eye on and a couple of 27s in the case nice!

Well! I got home and put it all together and it looks good. I will have to sight it in sometime this week. I want to shoot it in a bowling pin match this Sunday. If I can find the camera I will take a picture.

G

·
0 Posts
Good on you, Dave.

I've been looking for a Marlin in .32 H&R for about as long as you looked for yours. Funny, but they were in all the magazines a few years back. Guess the Cowboy Action crowd must have gobbled them all up...

giz

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Those .32 H&R Marlins are tough to find. Why not a Marlin 32-20? They seem to be around more. Or, my choice, the Browning remake of the Winchester 53 in .32-20. Sweet shooter!

·
Registered
10,921 Posts
Look forward to seeing pictures Dave. We almost never hear from you,,,,,, about shooting ,,,, guns :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Hmmm, a gun store in Hooksett? One with 29's and 27's? Hmmm, I wonder what one that could be? :lol: Better get there soon Geoff.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The Marlin 1895s in .32 H&R Magnum were very popular with the Cowboy Shooters a few years ago. There has been a backlash in SASS against the smaller calibers of late due the the combination of small bullets with light loads being seen as too much of a competative advantage. The smaller rounds and light loads make for effectively no recoil and this leads to faster times. You may see these become more and more available. Check with your local Cowboy Shooters, they can probably hook you up.

I had one of these rifles for about two years. I had a lot of trouble with the action, especially the elevator. It went back to the factory twice. I sold it in favor of a Rossi-made Winchester 1892.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts