Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW... now
those "Democrats" for mandatory liability insurance for gun owners. Yup, that is going to happen. Can't wait for the Gecko and Redhead Flo commercials if this was to ever happen.

A buddy of mine who lives in Texas saw this on the texas facebook page, so I thought I would paste it for you all.

·
Registered
784 Posts
They may have a pyrrhic victory here. I don't think there are many companies which would write such a policy.

·
Banned
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My step dad said that too, and he said that's why we got NRA...

·
Registered
11,853 Posts
Yep, this is being proposed in commiefornia, as well as a few other states. Its about as good as registration in a way, since you would have to show the state proof of insurance. The NRA has said this is stupid, as its the only constitutional right you would have to have insurance to exercise.

·
Registered
19,448 Posts
I have had Liability Insurance for about 10 years now. It protects you ass-ets from a suit that would otherwise leave you broke......and homeless. I've got a million dollars in coverage....just in case. It's not that expensive.....about $125/year. It protects you in any liability case. Bob

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
I don't care. I would never buy insurance cause if you are not messing with me or my property the chances of me shooting someone is nill. Now if you are doing the above mentioned to me chances are somebody is going to feel some heat, about 230 grains worth!

·
Registered
11,853 Posts
Pennsylvanias Castle Doctrine Law exempts a person from lawsuit in the event of a justifiable shooting. That only leaves a range accident. If proper safety precautions are used, that shouldnt be an issue either.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm with BobK on this one. I've had it for at least 20 years and it promotes peace of mind. You simply can't predict how or where you could be the target of a suit. It is simply smart to protect the assets I spent a lifetime building up. I urge it for everyone.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I got insurance,.... I will insure that anyone who comes thru my door uninvited will be dealt with!!!

·
Registered
577 Posts
I don't care. I would never buy insurance cause if you are not messing with me or my property the chances of me shooting someone is nill. Now if you are doing the above mentioned to me chances are somebody is going to feel some heat, about 230 grains worth!
Sounds like .45acp to me...And I Like it///A Lot...

HD

·
Registered
130 Posts
I got insurance,.... I will insure that anyone who comes thru my door uninvited will be dealt with!!!
Pretty much how I am,though I may add they're gonna need insurance too-to cover burying their arse!

·
Registered
19,448 Posts
I wonder how that case in FLA. is going to turn out. I heard that he's already burnt $400k, on his defense. That would just about break me! But, you have the insurance coverage if he does win the suit. Makes me feel a whole lot better. ;) But, remember, Fla. does have the 'Stand your ground law". But, he is in the battle of his life. Bob

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Seems like the folks who don't own guns should have mandatory life insurance!
As others have stated, my insurance runs out at about 1200fps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts