Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
From what I have read on the Colorado bill, it would be illegal for Magpul to produce their product if the the bill becomes law. Pretty interesting that smoking a big ol' doobie is legal but having a pile of people working to produce a ligitimate product is not. A sign of the times I suppose.

·
Registered
921 Posts
From what I have read on the Colorado bill, it would be illegal for Magpul to produce their product if the the bill becomes law. Pretty interesting that smoking a big ol' doobie is legal but having a pile of people working to produce a ligitimate product is not. A sign of the times I suppose.
I imagine if it is illegal to own a 30 rd mag in a state it would be illegal to manufacture them but I don't really understand how the liberal mind works.

Isn't it strange that all those "job creators" are so willing to try to put people out of work.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
I imagine if it is illegal to own a 30 rd mag in a state it would be illegal to manufacture them but I don't really understand how the liberal mind works.
Isn't it strange that all those "job creators" are so willing to try to put people out of work.
Apparently they can mfg. them. As an example: "ProMag" is located in East L.A. California. You can only own a 10 round magazine in "Californication", but ProMag produces & ships high capacity magazines direct from their plant in CA.

·
Super Moderator
19,294 Posts
We want them up here in Northern Idaho.
The village of Potlatch will welcome them with arms wide open, and large tax incentives just waiting for them to move up here..
I have a couple of friends that would move to work for a company like Magpul.

Gregory

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
"It needs to be clear that manufacturers will be able to still sell and transfer these high-capacity magazines to individuals in other states, the U.S. military and law enforcement," Kagan said. "We want them (Magpul) to stay here in Colorado. It would be sad to see them leave."
Isn't that kinda what they call hypocritical?:confused:

·
Super Moderator
19,294 Posts
This was the latest statement from Magpul on this situation. It was posted about an hour ago.

And this is exactly as they posted it, word for word.

We're hearing some rumors that the Gov and the Dem caucus think we are bluffing. Just to clarify for them, then...we're not a political company. We dont play political games. We've made our position very clear, very publicly. We would not survive lying to our customer base, nor would we ever consider it. If you pass this, we will leave, and you will own it. We've already got plans in place to get PMAG manufacturing moved rapidly, and the rest of the company will follow. We will make sure to at least have a small remain-behind operation through the 2014 elections so that we can remind folks why we are gone.

This is quite serious and they're prepared to move on thier word and the politics of Colorado.
I applaude them for taking this reasonable and important stand.

Gregory

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts