Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking on Amazon at those magnetic holders for my truck. Some claim you can rack the gun before you remove it from the holder, but they don't say which specific weapons. Does anyone here have one that will allow racking?

I don't want to travel with one in the chamber, so quick racking in the holder is a big plus.
Thanks,

·
Premium Member
3,065 Posts
I would be skeptical... and it seems like any magnet strong enough to hold a gun in place to rack the slide would make difficult to pry the gun loose from the mount.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Wife had a magnet in her truck. Doesn't hold much more than a snub revolver or small auto on a rough road. I've seen one that looks to "hook" the front eight to allow you to rack the slide. Gotta ask though, why would you want to rack the slide while hooked to the magnet?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The magnet does not hold the gun for racking. When you are ready to use it, you push forward and the mount stops the slide and not the rest of the weapon, so you are now racked. You pull back and are ready to fire. The magnet only holds the weight of the gun up. These things get very high reviews on Amazon. I am just wondering about how it works with the Shield.

link to Amazon advert

·
Premium Member
13,688 Posts
Train to rack it. Don't put your safety in the off chance that during an emergency it would work properly.

·
Super Moderator
19,907 Posts
There are a couple of designs made for the purpose of racking while mounted in them. They actually work quite well. My shop has sold them, but getting them these days are nearly impossible. They are safe, and perform well without scratchign up the slide. I have seen them used with the S&W M&P, and the Glock 17's and 19's without any problems at all.
We don't sell this exact item, but you'll get the idea. This is one of them: RackMag™ Gun Magnet by Tanosteel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts