Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a used but nice m94 in 44 mag. I am thinking about selling. Great rifle but it doesn't like 44 special. Thinking about a Marlin or Henry. What would be a fair price? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
I assume you have one of the newer Winchester 94s. Is it an angle eject? Condition? Box and papers? They seem to be more of a collectable than a working firearm.
Seen a couple at recent auction LNIB and they sold for around $650. I've also seen one on a local online board go unsold with an asking price of $800. You should be able to trade for a nice Marlin 336 and get $200 to 300 on top of it.

John

·
Premium Member
Model 27 and Model 19 (early builds)
3,962 Posts
I am being upfront. I think the Winchester Model 94 (Model of 1894) is the most collectible of all the old lever guns. I am looking for another one.There is the pre-1964 which gets good money.

John Browning designed it before he designed the 1911. The swing is located inside the rifle while the replica's have the swing outside (like the Marlin and Henry).

The rifle is important as this American rifle conquered the west. No other rifle has this history.

Just a few pics here:

It was perfectly balanced so the old ones will show wear forward of the lever. It was the best place to carry them when looking for game to harvest for your family.

Life was hard back then without the social programs of FDR.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Model 27 and Model 19 (early builds)
3,962 Posts
I am being upfront. I think the Winchester Model 94 (Model of 1894) is the most collectible of all the old lever guns. I am looking for another one.There is the pre-1964 which gets good money.

John Browning designed it before he designed the 1911. The swing is located inside the rifle while the replica's have the swing outside (like the Marlin and Henry).

The rifle is important as this American rifle conquered the west. No other rifle has this history.

Just a few pics here:
View attachment 476739

View attachment 476741

It was perfectly balanced so the old ones will show wear forward of the lever. It was the best place to carry them when looking for game to harvest for your family.

Life was hard back then without the social programs of FDR.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts