Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought my first center fire handgun after 30 years. i could not be more impressed. i believe this gun was sent to the factory for aftermarket work. the trigger feels like my target rifles. of all the guns i looked at the s&w impressed me the most and now i would like to know even more. how can i date it and learn the guns history. what is the best powder for 158 gr. lswc? thank you for your support.

·
Administrator
8,101 Posts
Hi Thomas, and welcome to the forum.

If you'll provide the serial number, someone here can tell you when it was manufactured. It's found on the butt of the gun. It bothers some people to post the entire serial number so they simply put an 'x' in place of the last couple of digits. Personally, I don't see the problem, but that's another story.. :lol:

You may have to take the grips off to see the number if it's got Target grips, or some type that covers the bottom of the grip frame. Also, there should be a letter in front of the number. That's part of the serial number too.

As far as which powder is best, you'll get a lot of different opinions. Personally, I like Unique.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts