Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

A few weeks ago I picked up a 4" Model 19-3 from a local gun shop. The only thing that it was missing was a rear sight assembly. I bought a rear sight assembly and according to the schematics it was supposed to fit perfectly. However the hole for the leaf screw does not line up and I have trouble getting it to fit properly...

Can somebody help me figure out what exactly I need to order as a rear sight assembly, because clearly this one was not correct. Thank you in advance. I attached some photographs to assist with my description.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,481 Posts
Someone else had that problem recently. If I recall correctly it was determined the replacement sight assembly is for a new style revolver and you need an older style

·
Registered
8,989 Posts
Hello,

A few weeks ago I picked up a 4" Model 19-3 from a local gun shop. The only thing that it was missing was a rear sight assembly. I bought a rear sight assembly and according to the schematics it was supposed to fit perfectly. However the hole for the leaf screw does not line up and I have trouble getting it to fit properly...

Can somebody help me figure out what exactly I need to order as a rear sight assembly, because clearly this one was not correct. Thank you in advance. I attached some photographs to assist with my description.
Hey M,

Welcome to S&W!

Way to go! Pics of a great M 19! Right out the gate!

Mark (Series Guy) steered you right.

GunBroker is also a good place to find "parts/pieces". Put in a "low ball" bid...you just might win!

Later, Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts