Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know a vendor offering a replacement barrel for the M&P 2.0 40 cal 5"?
I only see Midwest Gun Works, but they are sold out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anyone know a vendor offering a replacement barrel for the M&P 2.0 40 cal 5"?
I only see Midwest Gun Works, but they are sold out.
Ask THIS guy. He doesn't have a 5 listed, but he's always been very helpful to me and it can't hurt to ask. Maybe he knows somebody.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Freestone replied and said S&W barrels and slides are very hard to inventory as of late. He has no 5" barrels, and S&W is giving no indication as to when inventory will be available.
Oh well..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Freestone replied and said S&W barrels and slides are very hard to inventory as of late. He has no 5" barrels, and S&W is giving no indication as to when inventory will be available.
Oh well..
That's a bummer. Like I say, doesn't hurt to ask.

I am a fan of that store. I've ordered probably 2 dozen parts from hm and always gotten exactly what I ordered.

I've also asked several questions and have gotten very detailed and educational responses. As in WAY more than I actually asked. Too bad the news wasn't better. :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's a bummer. Like I say, doesn't hurt to ask.

I am a fan of that store. I've ordered probably 2 dozen parts from hm and always gotten exactly what I ordered.

I've also asked several questions and have gotten very detailed and educational responses. As in WAY more than I actually asked. Too bad the news wasn't better. :(
Well, seems to be a function of this current crazy supply/manufacturing anomaly. Like he said, he just can not acquire them; along with most other vendors of parts, ammo. firearms, etc. Eg it took me seven months... SEVEN!... to get this S&W M&P40. And do not get me started about finding 40 ammo... where I do not have to take out a home equity loan to afford. Crazy.:oops:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well, seems to be a function of this current crazy supply/manufacturing anomaly. Like he said, he just can not acquire them; along with most other vendors of parts, ammo. firearms, etc. Eg it took me seven months... SEVEN!... to get this S&W M&P40. And do not get me started about finding 40 ammo... where I do not have to take out a home equity loan to afford. Crazy.:oops:
Yeah, I'm definitely not being critical friend, but 40, guns and ammo and everything else is in even shorter supply than other calibers.

Not to rub it in, but I grabbed spare barrels and all other wear parts except slides for my M&P 2.0 9 compact and 45 FS while I could. Actually though, aside from barrels and slides, you can still get most of the other parts. It seems the 9 and 40 share alot of the same parts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ahh, so you got all the spare parts! :geek: (Good move...) Actually I was in the market for either a 357, 40, or 45ACP. I choose the 40 because there was NO 357 ammo nor 45ACP ammo to be found. I did find some precious few 40 ammo, so I did that.

True seems many 2.0 parts are compatible.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ahh, so you got all the spare parts! :geek: (Good move...) Actually I was in the market for either a 357, 40, or 45ACP. I choose the 40 because there was NO 357 ammo nor 45ACP ammo to be found. I did find some precious few 40 ammo, so I did that.

True seems many 2.0 parts are compatible.
Things being what they are, all bets are off as to what will be available for how long.

For each model I snagged a barrel, recoil spring/guide rod assembly, locking blocks, take down lever, trigger bar/shoe assembly with additional extra return springs, a complete sear block assembly along with additional extra sears, actuators and springs, slide lock, striker assembly with additional extra springs and bushings, striker blocks and springs, extractors screws and springs, all pins (frame and sear block), mag release and whatever else I may have forgotten lol. Oh yeah, base plates for the mags.

Just about everything that may wear out or I might lose while working on them though I don't usually do that. Slides are too expensive and at some point you may as well just buy another gun.

I figure they should be good for decades assuming good maintenance. I see people getting many tens of thousands of rounds out of a S&W barrel. However, if one does wear out, it'll be great to be able to just pop another one in there for tens of thousands more.

Freestone was a great help with all this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts