Votes: 44 33.6%
  • 70+

Votes: 18 13.7%
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

· Premium Member
Model 27 and Model 19 (early builds)
4,322 Posts
Thanks guys,
I was guessing a little younger demographic here.

Go figure, old guys like me enjoy that Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 sporting rifle. It has to be one of the best current engineered guns from S&W.

Reactions: BFriggs

· Registered
1,128 Posts
Freight relocation engineer. AKA Twuck driver home everyday. 58 and steam rolling to 59. Just got mine. Rand around a 120rds through it and got uncomfortable and had to leave the range. Kept getting swept by stupid people. And right now recovering from rotator cuff surgery.

· Registered
24 Posts
Old as dirt! Retired. Former police detective. Probably paid more for my 15-22 than anybody else = $800 at an NRA Banquet auction. Was seduced into paying that much by young scantily clad waitresses sweet-talking me into drinking too much Jack Daniels before the bidding started! Have a red dot sight on mine and even my wife loves it. No malfunctions and no regrets since the excess money went to the NRA and my club!!!

· Registered
2 Posts
Brand new owner. 60 yrs of age, Civil Engineering Designer (AutoCAD). I've wanted one for quite some time. Got a good bonus this year and bought a DEMO Sport model (last one in the store) from Academy Sports in Orlando, FL. $379.99 with a $50 Academy gift card with which I bought a tac light/laser combo. I have not shot it yet but should get to it this week. Quite excited to finally own one of these little beasts.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Brand new owner. 60 yrs of age, Civil Engineering Designer (AutoCAD). I've wanted one for quite some time. Got a good bonus this year and bought a DEMO Sport model (last one in the store) from Academy Sports in Orlando, FL. $379.99 with a $50 Academy gift card with which I bought a tac light/laser combo. I have not shot it yet but should get to it this week. Quite excited to finally own one of these little beasts.
Just noticed your post count - Welcome to the forum!! Good first gun (if I understood your "brand new owner" phrase) or.... good first AR!! Pictures and range report would always be welcome!

I'd vote, but I don't have an AR15, just an AR10. Age? I've thrown rocks that were younger than me!

Reactions: bluecar
21 - 40 of 66 Posts