Smith And Wesson Forums banner

ARE YOU PLANNING ON BUYING THE SHIELD?

• Total voters
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
I just bought the 9mm Shield last week and give it my personal seal of approval. (I am slightly biased as I do have a full size M&P40.) I put 250 rounds through it without so much as a hiccup. Its a gun that you could easily shoot all day. The most impressive features would be the incredibly thin size and the fantastic trigger (which is better than my M&P40, for certain).

If I was forced to to find some negatives, here what I would list...
(1.) my Shield does not have the standard, M&P take down lever, which was a certainly a surprise. Total departure from what I expected.
(2.) Although I'm right handed, I really wouldn't recommend for a southpaw. The mag release is not reversible and the slide release and manual safety are only on the left. So, in this regard, the Shield is not like the rest of the M&P line in this respect.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Put another 100 rounds of Blazer aluminum through the Shield this morning with no problems. Can't say that about my Px4 Storm 9c or my Kahr CW9.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know no studly gun toters would admit to this, but I had some problems locking the slide on my new Shield to the rear because of the long pull. Just couldn't get the right grip. Picked up some 3M outdoor tread tape and a couple small strips did the trick.

·
Premium Member
Model 27 and Model 19 (early builds)
3,508 Posts
I know no studly gun toters would admit to this, but I had some problems locking the slide on my new Shield to the rear because of the long pull. Just couldn't get the right grip. Picked up some 3M outdoor tread tape and a couple small strips did the trick.
Bob,
We all like S&W, and we can swayed to a S&W Shield.

But you say there are problems locking the slide? And you had to use 3M tape to fix a grip problem?

It would really help if you had pictures and proper tech. Something like:

I have two S&W .357/.38 Special guns (N-frames). I've never found a reason to modify them. The trigger action is spectacular. I've never had any problems and the stocks are factory issue. It will fire six times when I use ~6 pounds of pressure on the known easy Smith and Wesson revolver trigger. It's good and better than anything else of the market. :D

Just saying.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Based on MrCN & hickok45s reviews, Spud .308 woulda bought 1 if they were more readily available locally.
Shield (Close-up) - YouTube
I'm in no way disappointed with my KT PF9 (600+ rounds, only 1 fte) , which was on the shelf when I was shopping for a single stack EDC pistol.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Kris, thanks for the good photos. I like the sights you put on your Shield, looks like they fit the slide well. I was worried that the rear sight might be a little bit too wide on the Shield, but it looks like it isn't. I have those sights on a XD9 sub-compact and really like them.

·
Registered
80 Posts
You are welcome TBONE. I really like them too and they fit just fine, not too wide at all. They are the standard M&P Trijicon HD's

41 - 51 of 51 Posts