Smith And Wesson Forums banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Also, I have zero experience with this product, or with the seller, so caveat emptor.

FYI:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the update. I will contact S&W to get them to remove the Sharpe edges as well.
I sent mine in for adjusting. They said they could find nothing wrong. Well, what's wrong is the crappy design in the first place. Never had this problem with my 1911. The gun would be better without the grip safety messing everything up including field stripping.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My wife wants a Shield EZ Performance Center but she is worried about the sharp edges at the top of the beaver tail on the grip safety.
She had no issue shooting the non Peformance Center model.

Some have said file it down. However if you get the blacked out version, now you would have silver filed edges.
Others have said order the non PC grip safety and change it.

Any thoughts on this?
I have a Performance Center 380 EZ and shared the same concerns. I sent my pistol into Smith and Wesson and asked them to change out the metal safety grip for the polymer. They obliged and I have no complaints now. I now love my EZ. The polymer part has no sharp edges, and sticks out less than the metal counterpart.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought my daughter the EZ 380. When the PC came out I thought why not and bought it for myself. When I picked it up I took her to the range with me to compare the two. On the very first shot I thought what the hell did I buy. Those sharp corners make a huge difference. We both decided we preferred the standard version. Now to get that changed out. I'll be happy with the standard safety if it sits flush. This is not what I paid extra for. Glad I found this forum

·
Registered
35 Posts
I haven't even shot it but when checking it out found intermittently pinched the web of skin between my thumb and forefinger not to mention the sharper edges did not feel good. I sent my new 2021 EZ 9mm M2.0 Performance Center in to Smith & Wesson a week ago to have a standard EZ 9mm grip safety installed. I can't wait to get it back soon. They said it would take 4-6 weeks.
Also, I have zero experience with this product, or with the seller, so caveat emptor.

FYI:
Don't know what is up but there is no "Buy" button and the seller does not answer emails on this ebay item or on his Facebook site EZ380 on Facebook. I gave up and sent it in to Smith & Wesson for change out to the smooth standard EZ 9mm Grip Safety. It is totally free but they said it will take 4-6 weeks. Since my gun is brand new and never even shot that will be hard to wait but have no other choice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
FYI just received an email from S&W they informed me that [email protected] is no longer with the company, his replacement is Vince Perreault email [email protected]

I am not normally a complainer but I am having very bad luck with my new Performance Center EZ9. I haven't fired my new 9mm EZ yet but I already have a sore hand (web between thumb and finger) from dry firing it. Tried to find a plastic grip safety at the Mr 380 EZ Products on ebay, no luck, they are listed but there is no way to buy one and I found a notice that the product had been removed by the seller. I also decided to buy a couple of extra magazines and discovered that none are available, S&W told me they don't know when they would have any to sell.

Does anyone know of old style smooth grip safety for sale? I don't want to do without my new unfired 9mm pistol for 4 to 6 weeks but there may be no choice.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Update; I got my EZ 9mm PC back from Smith & Wesson( turn around 4 weeks). Took the gun to the range and shot it. The Standard EZ 9mm Grip Safety is much better. Don't really notice it now. Very happy with this gun! I hope they start putting them on all EZ Performance Center Pistols

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can't begin to guess what the CEOs who manage large companies will do. I would hope they will order some design changes. They also need to make sure extra clips are made available to their customers.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts