Smith And Wesson Forums banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just got my handgun back. They replaced the aluminum grip safety with a plastic one from a regular EZ! Problem solved! Now the grip is very comfortable and the gun performs flawlessly. Hope they come to their senses and change the design of the grip safety on the PC version from the factory...
Thank God for this forum! I am in the same boat as you as I just purchased at 380 Performance Center EZ. I go to the range for the first time this Friday but I have noticed with my dry practice firing that the aluminum safety grip is problematic and would hurt my hand over time. Other than this I absolutely love everything else about the firearm. Smith and Wesson have forwarded me a return label, but have not been able to provide cost details. May I ask you if this positive change for your firearm was very expensive? And thank you so much for contributing to this forum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank God for this forum! I am in the same boat as you as I just purchased at 380 Performance Center EZ. I go to the range for the first time this Friday but I have noticed with my dry practice firing that the aluminum safety grip is problematic and would hurt my hand over time. Other than this I absolutely love everything else about the firearm. Smith and Wesson have forwarded me a return label, but have not been able to provide cost details. May I ask you if this positive change for your firearm was very expensive? And thank you so much for contributing to this forum.
Perhaps they should have a recall. Paying extra $$$ for a performance model with an inferior grip safety.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good point, I hope they’re not going to surprise me with a high estimate after paying this much extra for a gun from the performance center. Hopefully it’s under $100 when it’s all said and done.
Good luck. Last year as I recall my estimate was over $100.00 plus shipping. But this was during a recall S&W was dealing with.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wife wants a Shield EZ Performance Center but she is worried about the sharp edges at the top of the beaver tail on the grip safety.
She had no issue shooting the non Peformance Center model.

Some have said file it down. However if you get the blacked out version, now you would have silver filed edges.
Others have said order the non PC grip safety and change it.

Any thoughts on this?
Alright guys, I was annoyed there was no good option for a Low Profile Grip Safety for the Shield EZ Performance Center, 9mm, so I designed one myself. The aluminum grip safety abomination shall plague this great handgun no more!

If you have a 3D printer, Enjoy!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought 3 ez guns. One silver, one gold and one black with the safety grips. The gold one I had the same problem hurts my hand. I decided to use a fine dremel to reduce the edges. Now it works like the other two, great. Please wear safety glasses when using the tools and be careful not to da m age the frame. Good luck and safe shooting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I rounded the top edges off with 180 grit sandpaper. Took about fifteen minutes and the result has made a world of difference. In the photo, compare the top corner edge to the corner edge below it. It's a small difference...but makes a huge difference in the feel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just purchased a shield EZ PC. I wish i read this before. Have not fired the gun yet and already sent it back to S&W to fix the grip safety. No issue getting a shipping label. Hope it comes back flush to the grip.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts