Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,950 Posts
I've got the Shield but not the EZ. I am anxious to hear from folks that have one. I feel fine when carrying my Shield.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i carry a 45-06, and just picked up a 351PD 22mag.
the 22 mag is a little too small for my big paws. the 45 is getting to be a little too big as i am getting older than dirt (as my daughter says) and i am having trouble loading the magazines and racking the slide as the arthritis in my hands gets worse.
i have been reading up on the shield and shield EZ and the claims are the EZ was made for woman who had issues racking the slide and the EZ part of the name refers to lighter rack force and lighter trigger pull.

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
I have both the .380 and 9mm EZs and I'm very happy with both.
Are you using any red dot or laser on either of your EZs? I'm strongly considering the 9 with a laser. Your thoughts?

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Are you using any red dot or laser on either of your EZs? I'm strongly considering the 9 with a laser. Your thoughts?

No optics or lasers on mine. The sights are very good as is. I don't like a bunch of gadgets hanging on a carry piece.

·
Registered
7,518 Posts

M&P®9 M2.0™

M&P® 380 SHIELD™ EZ® MANUAL THUMB SAFETY

These are our two M&P pistols. I thought about the 9 EZ but really don't see a need to fill any gap between these two. We very much enjoy the 380 - especially the wife with her petite hands. She can handle the 9 okay but sees the 380 as her gun.

The 380 EZ really is a great gun and I expect the 9 EZ is every bit as great as our 380. Yes, I would see either one as a good potential carry pistol. I'd consider carrying a couple of extra mags though since they're only 8 rounds.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the 45-06 is only 8 rounds too. never needed more than 1 round. but i carried i mag in and two on the belt.
the EZ comes with two 8 round magazines, spares are around $28

·
Registered
7,518 Posts
Yeah, the EZ mags are easy to afford. I'm still waiting on the 9 2.0 mags to be on sale. They're about $43.

I think I have a dozen 380 EZ mags here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
anyone have one? what is your opinion of it?
it looks like it might be a potent concealed carry piece.
I just bought one for CCW but not fired it yet, waiting for range to open!! However I was wondering about keeping it in battery loaded for extended periods of time damaging the mainspring.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
I just bought one for CCW but not fired it yet, waiting for range to open!! However I was wondering about keeping it in battery loaded for extended periods of time damaging the mainspring.
In

Do you mean loaded with one in the chamber? It won't hurt the pistol to keep it loaded and ready. If you haven't fired the pistol , are you familiar enough with it to keep it loaded and kept safely?

·
Registered
4 Posts
anyone have one? what is your opinion of it?
it looks like it might be a potent concealed carry piece.
I bought one yesterday very nice ccw gun or edc. I’ve carried glock spring field SnW 908 I’m waiting on my call back I’ll add pics ok after but the slide is the selling point it’s so easy to rack it’s insane like butter

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I bought one yesterday very nice ccw gun or edc. I’ve carried glock spring field SnW 908 I’m waiting on my call back I’ll add pics ok after but the slide is the selling point it’s so easy to rack it’s insane like butter
i have heard that quite a bit. and that is what i am looking at since the arthritis is playing hell with my grip. i can just barely rack the 45-06.
they finally started issuing purchase permits and doing NICS checks here in jersey again, so i have a permit in the waiting..
now all i have ot do is find a shop that is open with one on the shelf.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
My S&W Owner's Manual SPECIFICALLY SAYS to not store their hammer fired guns with the hammer cocked. Loaded and ready to fire means the hammer is cocked. I don't imagine a week would hurt, but "extended periods" of time are a BIG NO NO. If you follow what the manufacturer tells you, which can come in handy in the event of any needed warranty repairs.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
got to hold both the shield and shield EZ today. they both fit my hand very well.
now all i have to do is find one with the options i want..... and wait for the purchase permit to come in.

·
Registered
11 Posts
From what I understand you can keep it loaded just at the end of your day make safe unlii I ad and store to relax the main spring
My understanding is you do not need to 'relax' the spring. Springs slowly lose their tension from being cycled as when the gun is fired. This has been explained to be a bunch of times and always seemed counter intuitive but an engineering friend says this is true. FWIIW.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts