Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Insane in a good way or....?
I had to sand down mine. Waaay too rough on my tender mitts. Then I still wasn't happy and ended up putting one of those stick-on rubber texture adhesive grips on it. MUCH better IMO. :giggle:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had mine since they came out and still love it. It shoots better than a little gun has any right to, and it carries like a dream. Rough texture? I like it just fine. If I'm in the stew and my hands are wet/bloody/slick I have no worries about losing my grip. I put a LaserMax laser on the front and neither have given me a moment's trouble.

As you can see, I like the M&P's.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Mine shoots much better in my hands than my 9MM Shield 2.0. I added an Apex Trigger system and a rubber slip grip to it plus night sights and its my EDC. Accurate, reliable and eats everything.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I had mine a long time. All I give it is bullets. The feel of the pistol in my hand is great. I won't change a thing. Being plastic and stainless it won't rust as I carry it daily and sweat on it all the time and it stays the same . To me it's more accurate than my 9 & 40 shield in my hands.

·
Premium Member
10,380 Posts
My 9mm Shield PC (ported, with fibre optic sights) is compact, reliable and reasonably soft to shoot. I keep it for home defense and for carry.

The very small size of these pistols means that S&W had to engineer compound recoil springs with enough strength to properly balance the action - for that reason many new shooters find them difficult to rack. The new texture on the slide rack area probably helps.

People with arthritis often find it impossible to rack these pistols because they simply don't have the hand strength to both grip the slide properly and rack against the spring tension. It's the only reason I would not recommend the pistol to someone. Everything else about mine is excellent - both design and manufacture implementation.

The full size pistols are probably a better choice for someone with weaker grip.

Note that I do not recommend the EZ series branded under the M&P line or the Sigma cost reduced series. I have witnessed these pistols fail when almost new, and would not rely on them for self defense. I believe it's related to both the design and manufacture quality of those lines.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts