Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon All, I Purchased a Shield 380 EZ for My Wife and sent it out to get customized for Her.. had a service apply Robins Egg Blue CeraKote to the Frame and the slide and they did an EXCELLENT Job ..they had also provided disassembly and Re-Assembly of the Firearm, it looks GREAT But once I got home I popped the Magazine out and Locked back the Slide and a Part fell on the Floor.. it was the Firing pin which I guess wasn't reinstalled correctly.. all other functions seem fine and don't want to send it back for that one item to be corrected... Can anyone direct Me to instructions for Installing it correctly.. S&W seem to only want to give Me info on Field stripping for Cleaning.

Thanks
Patrick "Barney" Barnwell

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
The first question to come to my mind is, Did you shoot it before the work was done to be sure everything worked ok? Problem is now that you had that done to the gun I doubt S&W will touch it. If it were mine I would send it back to the company that did the work and let them fix it. I don’t know of anyone that is going to “walk you through” the repair of a firing pin. If you don’t want to send it back get a qualified gunsmith to do the work. Don’t bet your wife’s life on a iffy repair.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for Your reply, Yes I ran 50 rounds through it Prior to sending it off for the CeraKote... I Guess I'm a Little Puzzled I'm Retired Military and have been handling firearms since around 10 years old and I've never Had a Gun that I couldnt service down to the Firing Pin level ... I really dont understand S&W not making the full manual of Parts available.. even My recent EDC Sig P365 has a serviceable Firing Pin(Striker) ... I'm not wanting to get down into the Trigger Mechanism just a Blowup of the Firing Pin block before I remove the Drive pin to take it out... I'm sorry if I'm crossing some Line here ..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts