Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good evening and Happy New Year everyone! This is my first post out of Las Vegas and it's regarding my Compact 3.6". I absolutely love the handgun and fits like a glove in every aspect. My only complaint, and I want to hear from other 3.6" owners, is the barrel wear towards the top of the barrel. Compared to all my other handguns this seems to be EXCESSIVE with only 250 rounds through it. Some history on the gun is I put 250 rounds on the original barrel coating before sending it in to S&W voicing my concerns. They held it for 4 weeks and sent it back with no corrections made and noted no defects with the gun.... I then sent the barrel out and had it Titanium Nitride coated (looked brand new when I got it back).... put 250 rounds through it and it looks just as bad as it did with the original coating.... not sure where to go from here. I understand it's a tool and I shouldn't expect perfection but this is my first gun to have this issue.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,730 Posts
It's normal. All involved with the final fitment of the slide to barrel engagement. Many manufacturers with this style of locked breech don't even bother to finish this flat on the barrel, instead polishing it.

Reactions: Injunbro

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Appreciate the support! If anyone else has anything to add please feel free. Mainly wanted to make sure my 3.6 wasn't the odd man out with this issue while everyone else who owns a 3.6 is doing just fine with no wear whatsoever....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts