Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum & to Smith & Wesson so I have a lot to learn.
I have a 9 Plus performance center and have the following ?s

What does this mean "TS FO EDC"?
Is the trigger different on the performance center Shield vs. non-performance center Shield?
What are the pounds of pull on the Shield Plus trigger?
Can I purchase a slide that is ported & has the cut out for a Red Dot optics device?
Is a longer barrel available that is threaded for a suppressor?

Thanks
HRF

·
Super Moderator
14,751 Posts
The pistol itself is offered with an Optics Ready slide. You would have to contact S&W to see if they will sell you the slide by itself if your pistol isn't already prepared for optics.

Note that converting an existing slide would also proberly require replacement of the fiber optic sights with higher profile sights in order to have them properly co-witness with the red dot.

I personally have a pistol with a red dot, and don't find much advantage to them. My recommendation is to train with your existing pistol. Frankly, the time it may take you to pick up the red dot in a self defense situation could get you killed.

·
Registered
184 Posts
My LGS has a PC version Shield Plus with FO and Red Dot for ~ $800.

If your slide is not optics ready, you might consider the Red Dot unit Leupold is coming out with for the Shields and Glocks. The base plate mounts in the factory dovetail, so no milling is necessary.
Search for Leupold Delta Point Micro.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.