Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw and held one of these yesterday at a local store. Wow, I liked it. This one had the thumb safeties and no mag disconnect. It weighed very little and despite its longer barrel was no larger (or thicker, surprisingly) than the 4516 with the Hogue stocks that was also in the cabinet. And it holds one more round than the 3rd Gen mini.

I really thought it was a pretty darn nice gun. I am generally not a fan of striker-fired pistolas, but I could see this one in the holster. =p~

So why are the Compact .45s not up on the S&W website? They've been out for some time now, haven't they?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Do you remember how long the barrel is?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Erich, try a 4513TSW before you buy a compact 45.

I finally got one, and I'm seriously thinking of selling the rest of my semi autos. Light, thin, and reliable. Tack driver too.

As soon as I get the rail removed, I'm going to qualify with it. It's that good....for me. Good luck! Regards 18DAI.

Edited to add: It has a hammer too!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 4513 was what I was looking for (that or a 4553)! :D I looked in the case at first because there was a 4516 in there. I handled that, and noticed that the M&P Compact .45 was the same exact size as the 4516 - but a whole lot lighter and with one extra round in the mag and with a longer (4") barrel.

But it didn't have a hammer . . . ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts