Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i heard alot of problems with the m&p series did they correct them? if so which one should i choose the m&p 40 or sigma 40? i know the mags on the sigma are stainless steel not the m&p series plus the sigma has no feeding problems or rust issues can someone help me decide?

·
Administrator
8,103 Posts
John,
If it were me, I would go with the M&P series over the Sigma. It's just a better gun, or so I've heard..

·
Super Moderator
10,857 Posts
I've owned a Sigma in the past and it was a great gun for me at the time. Having said that, I would go with the M&P. :D

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok i made my decision the m&p 40 im going with but which one should i go with? the one with the mag safety or with out? of course go with the one without the internal lock.

·
Super Moderator
10,857 Posts
My preference would be for without the mag safety but some people do like that option.

·
Registered
429 Posts
JOHN,

I have not shot the Sigma, I do own a M&P 40c and I really like this gun. After a 200+ rounds I've not had any probs. I shoots fast on target and is comfortable to shoot. The different grip inserts help fit to diffrent sized hands and that is a plus.

Dave

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
John,
I owned the Sigma 9mm for quite awhile. It was very reliable, but the trigger made it very hard for me to consistently count on every shot going where I wanted... It seemed that the first shot was always questionable, which is weird because it is DAO. I have held an M&P .45 full size, and it felt better than the sigma IMO, but have not had the opportunity to shoot one yet.

·
Registered
30 Posts
f150guy said:
I have held an M&P .45 full size,
What would you have to pay in the US for this pistol ?

Actually a friend of mine has bought a new M&P .45 from a large hunting outfitter here in Germany for € 135 ~ $ 200 . It was a sale out price ,normally it is much more expensive.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
JOHN said:
i heard alot of problems with the m&p series did they correct them? if so which one should i choose the m&p 40 or sigma 40? i know the mags on the sigma are stainless steel not the m&p series plus the sigma has no feeding problems or rust issues can someone help me decide?
My agency was one of the ONLY agency that issued the sigma 40 and its a pos compared to the M&P 40,I got to T&E the M&P and would trade my Glock for one if I could get the high cap mags that I left the job with [ NYS= sucks ].Thats my nsho s'all.

·
Super Moderator
19,374 Posts
Can somebody list up the translations for the acronyms that I keep seeing on these posts.

The one that's driving me crazy right now is "DAO"
Does it mean - Dead A$$ On, or what?
I got IMO & IMHO, but some of these are a pain to try and figure out

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
as wglide stated, DAO= Double action only, commonly a striker fired pistol such as Glocks, Sigmas, M&P, Springfield XD series. It also refers to a hammer fired gun that can not be manually cocked, such as the S&W 642 and other "centennial" style revolvers.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
DAO = double action only,means there is NO way to shoot that pistol in a single action manner at all.Hope that helps ya,we all have to learn SO much that I sometimes forget that I too cannot recall some of the acronyms we all use.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have both guns. Purchased the sigma 9MM for my wife <wink> and the mp 40C for myself. Out of the box:

1) the 40c is much more accurate
2) trigger pull is nice and clean.
3) Grip feels better
4) mp is a much better designed gun - nice balance and weight

IMO, If it was me, I would go for the mp instead of the sigma...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Climber211 said:
I have both guns. Purchased the sigma 9MM for my wife <wink> and the mp 40C for myself. Out of the box:

1) the 40c is much more accurate
2) trigger pull is nice and clean.
3) Grip feels better
4) mp is a much better designed gun - nice balance and weight

IMO, If it was me, I would go for the mp instead of the sigma...
nbhaof nfiofnp ok i understand!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts