Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really don't want to pull the front sight out of my M&P 40 (full size), so if anybody knows the factory front sight height, I'd appreciate some assistance.

I've used my reloads, as well as two different brands of factory ammo, and my groups are way low - like, 6-8 inches low. I'm considering buying a new front sight that is lower, maybe even fiberoptic, so I have to raise the gun a bit more to make them line up. Any other tips would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
13,678 Posts
Distance to target?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't know how to explain it but my M&P40C shot the first 200 9 inches +/- low. I called Smith up and they said to send it in with a target and let them know what ammo I was using. 180 gr Blazer brass was all he target ammo I had left. Took a target out back and the 1st ten were where I expected them to be. Loaded it with 150 gr. Remington JHPs same thing. Hasn't shot off since. Never had a problem with my Ruger SR40, Taurus PT 140 or Taurus 740. Never have had a firearm shoot this far off but I can't believe it was the gun. I could not tell you what the problem was. Did not send it back. Over 1,000 more rounds through it of many different brands and no problems since.

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts