Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 380EZ for my wife and it's the first semi-auto that she can easily rack. However she can't manipulate the slide release after the magazine is emptied. I have no difficulty with it but it does require more effort than it should. Has anybody experienced this? Does anybody know if their is a fix? It seems to me if the slide release had a little more side ways projection of the metal, it would release easier. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
The slide should lock back when the magazine is empty. In order to get the slide forward I ALWAYS slingshot it - I never try to do it using the SLIDE LOCK lever.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
The easiest fix is to buy her a revolver so she won’t have to manipulate a slide or slide release.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The easiest fix is to buy her a revolver so she won’t have to manipulate a slide or slide release.
The problem is that when you have had surgery for carpal tunnel, you rarely regain the strength in your thumbs. I've had carpal tunnel surgery on each hand, trigger finger surgery on the right hand, and Dupuytren's Contracture surgery on the left hand. I have a S&W 380 revolver I can no longer use because I cannot cock the trigger. I have half a dozen semi-automatics I cannot shoot because I can't pull back the slide and/or push the lever to eject the magazine. I don't know what to do at this point. I will probably check out this S&S 380EZ after the New Year, although I think I already may have and couldn't operate the slide easily either. My friend's wife just bought a S&W 380EZ Slide and loves it. I guess I'll just have to keep looking..............

1 - 6 of 6 Posts