Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to buy a full size M&P 9mm. 4.25” barrel. Narrowed it down to 2.0 or an M&P Pro with night sights. But I’m having a hard time figuring out, other than the night sights, what the difference is. Does the new 2.0 have the same trigger as the Pro series has had for awhile? The 2.0 looks awesome, not sure the price difference for the Pro series is worth it.

·
Registered
14,521 Posts
S&W is pretty vague about what has been done to this gun other than adding tritium sights in order to call it "Pro" series. This is from the website:
Bridging the gap between main production and the Performance Center, the Smith & Wesson Pro Series represents the next step up from standard production line models. M&P Pro Series pistols include numerous enhancements yet still remain true to “stock”. Bringing competition specifications and features in factory models, the Pro Series offers that ready-to-go package while still maintaining production line integrity
I really have no idea what that means and why its worth an extra $140 or so

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I saw that. I get the feeling there was more difference between the Pro and the original M&P? I think I’ll go with the 2.0 and add night sights later, if I decide I want them.

·
Premium Member
19,968 Posts
welcome01 to the forums from the Wiregrass!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you! I like it and I’ve learned a lot already. My favorite gun is 686 with 6” barrel. Bought it new in 1993.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts