Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a M&P 40 1.0 full size, 15 +1 Pro Series that I bought in 2013. Paid $500. I purchased it because it had a better trigger and sights than a non Pro Series. I have been shooting it for years and carrying it quite a bit. The grip texture is ideal, and the gun functions perfectly.
I was looking for a smaller carry piece and was excited about the new M&P 9c 2.0. It has a better upgraded trigger and a more aggressive grip texture. I purchased it several months ago for $350. It has functioned great and is a good shooter. The grip texture is way too aggressive for me, it rubs against me when I carry it and is uncomfortable. I put some tape on it and it is much better.
My observation about the Pro 'series 1.0 vs the M&P2.0 are:
The triggers are the same, the functioning is the same, the 1.0 has better sights, fiber optic front, and a more comfortable grip texture.
The 2.0 grip sucks. The three dot sights are not terrific.

I know I am comparing a 40 against a 9, and a FS vs a compact. But all I am saying is the 1.0 Pro Series is a better gun for me than the new 2.0

·
Premium Member
12,660 Posts
I bought the S&W Performance Center 9mm Shield, and see no reason to "upgrade" to a 2.0 version. For me, it's an ideal compact carry firearm.

Shield9mmNS.jpg

Small, good trigger, fiber optic sights, comfortable grip, accurate to shoot...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts