Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Burris mount to use with a Fast Fire 3 that fits in the rear sight dovetai on a new M&P 2.0 compact. Installed it. Gun won't operate. Come to find out one of the screws fits directly on top of the plunger that extends into the dovetail and pushes it in so that locked it up.

Waiting to hear back if they have a fix or a different mount (I didn't want to have the slide milled if I didn't have to). I have not received any response so am afraid they do not.

Can anyone recommend another dovetail mount for the Fastfire 3? I can't imagine it matters, but mine has a manual safety.

Thanks for any advice

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Of course. Or leave it out. Then there would be only one off-center screw holding the base onto the slide. Or...an accident waiting to happen.

·
Registered
80 Posts
As noted, just shorten the offending screw or drift the dovetail to one side enough to miss the plunger. I had an dovetail fit EGW base on my 5" M&P9 2.0 to mount a Vortex Venom (BTW, would also mount the Fastfire 3) and I now have a dovetail Leupold base to mount a Leupold DeltaPoint Pro. Neither base has caused the slightest interference with the gun's operation.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
If I shorten the offending screw I might as well leave it out. I am not going to do that. One screw is not secure enough. Moving it over would mean the red dot sight would literally be half way off to the side of the slide. I don't think that is a good idea at all. Not at all! I am waiting on responses for Burris, EGW & outer impact to see if any of them have a better alternative mount.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I never received any response from Burris at all. Purchased an Outer Impact mou t. Very similar to the Burris except the inserts holes are simply further forward. Fits perfectly and securely. Got to the range and after only 7 shots the Fastfire 3 went blank. No response from Burris on that issue either. Any recommendations and a more robust red dot?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts