Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been flirting with a 40 S&W for about a year and there were a lot of good deals and then Wuhan.
Still I see police trade it's in vg-exc for a scootch under $300. Worth it or should I hold out for the 2.0. I'm not in a rush. Plenty to play with but I would like to add a .40

·
Registered
15,301 Posts
Different texture on the newer grip frames and I believe a steel reinforced frame, though I dont recall there being any problems with the older frame. If I were looking, I wouldnt hesitate to get a first gen

·
Premium Member
13,651 Posts
Reactions: Boriqua

·
Premium Member
3,065 Posts
Different texture on the newer grip frames and I believe a steel reinforced frame, though I dont recall there being any problems with the older frame. If I were looking, I wouldn't hesitate to get a first gen
Over on the MP-Pistol.com forum someone did a seriously detailed side-by-side dissection comparison of the 1.0 and 2.0., with pics.

Don't know if this will work for non-members, but here's the link:

M&P 2.0 Differences I See

It's like the differences between the generations of the S&W metal frame pistols, especially the 2nd & 3rd Gens. Both gens are solid performers, and I didn't feel short changed with a 2nd Gen 459 & 559, I went to a 3rd Gens for the 4006 and 4506-1. And I wouldn't mind at all if I could get a 2nd Gen 645, I like the older grip frame better.

On the M&P's, many feel that the grip stippling on the 2.0's are too agrgessive and prefer the 1.0.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a 2.0 in 9mm that I like very much. Only complaint is the stipling on the grip is TOO aggressive. I’ve shot a friend’s 1.0 that I like and shoot just about as well. Even though the 40 s&w has fallen out of favor it’s a good handgun caliber and I think is right at home in a full size M&P, 1.0 or 2.0. Can’t go wrong at that price but double check the big internet sellers for a deal on a brand new gun.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have a 2.0 in 9mm that I like very much. Only complaint is the stipling on the grip is TOO aggressive. I’ve shot a friend’s 1.0 that I like and shoot just about as well. Even though the 40 s&w has fallen out of favor it’s a good handgun caliber and I think is right at home in a full size M&P, 1.0 or 2.0. Can’t go wrong at that price but double check the big internet sellers for a deal on a brand new gun.
I picked up a new M&P 2.0 45 Compact May 1st.

I agree about the stippling, it's rough!

When it arrived at my FFL, I was talking to him about 9mm's. Told him I'd heard good stuff about the Sig P365. He had one in the case he'd just got it. I ended up with two new pistols that day.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Both the 1.0 and 2.0 are excellent, you won't go wrong with either one.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A freind just dropped off a 2.0 9mm compact. It has a 3.6 inch barrel . Man its a good looking plastic gun and it fits the hand nicely. I may just have to put that on my shopping list in 40S&W. I understand the have a 4inch barrel that will support a 13 round mag. Perfect!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.