Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
The main reason?? I would think it was for the lighter weight.?
The ejector is an easy fix and the extractor any easy change for far less than $300 something?
More the rifle.

None the less nice looking setup!:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The main reason?? I would think it was for the lighter weight.?
The ejector is an easy fix and the extractor any easy change for far less than $300 something?
More the rifle.

None the less nice looking setup!:)
The M&P 15-22 had a nasty habit of misfiring a few times every 25 round magazine. Sent the gun back for warranty repair after tweaking the ejector myself, but dang it anytime there was a misfire the stock ejector would become tweaked resulting in constant misfires thereafter. Just seemed to me that if I stared at the stock ejector the wrong way it would bend 😁
Yes, the Volquartsten barrel is noticeably lighter weighing in at 14 ounces but I'm sure you can relate that the ejector was higher priority on the list.
I had already replaced the firing pin and extractor but the barrel came w/ both so I installed them also.
Plan to break in the barrel come this weekend w/ at least a few hundred rounds.
Hoping for the same reliability that others who have gone the Volquartsten route are reporting.

Appreciate you chiming in Rule3!
Enjoy!

·
Registered
9,024 Posts
Hey Bomb,

That is a Swell looking piece of hardware!

Were there any ammo recommendations?

Later, Mark

Reactions: Bombastic

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Bomb,

That is a Swell looking piece of hardware!

Were there any ammo recommendations?

Later, Mark
Thanks!
I purchased 5000 rounds of Aguila Super Extra .22lr before the ammo shortage. About quarter way down my ammo can at the moment. Hoping to try out CCI's "Clean Ammo". CCI uses a polymer coating to reduce fouling by 60%. Can't wait to try some soon as I can get my hands on the subsonic loads!

·
Registered
9,024 Posts
Hey B,

Case of ammo........sure don't last long!

That sure is one FUN looking "launch platform"!

Bolt "snicking" back & forth...like a sewin' machine!

OH YEAH!!

Do they make magazine loaders for those, yet?

I have them for the Mk II and 10/22......need to take a big can of ammo when grandkids want to play with those! LOL

I have had mixed results with Aguila....one batch excellent, next batch not so much? (do you recall when the T 22 went "South"?)

Later, Mark

Reactions: Bombastic

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey B,

Case of ammo........sure don't last long!

That sure is one FUN looking "launch platform"!

Bolt "snicking" back & forth...like a sewin' machine!

OH YEAH!!

Do they make magazine loaders for those, yet?

I have them for the Mk II and 10/22......need to take a big can of ammo when grandkids want to play with those! LOL

I have had mixed results with Aguila....one batch excellent, next batch not so much? (do you recall when the T 22 went "South"?)

Later, Mark
G'morning msharley,

I consider the M&P 15-22 a multi solution platform for small and silent problems 😁
Indeed, the rifle sounds like a sewing machine running a seam around a bullseye as well as making me feel like a chicken pecking apart a red dot at distance.
The M&P 15-22 stock and factory replacement 25 round magazines have built in loaders.
Since day one w/ the M&P 15-22 I've only fired Aguila ammo, both 5000 rounds of Super Extra and 500 rounds of Aguila subsonic ammo.
The ejector problem reared its head around 2000 rounds. 1 jam resulted in a spent casing jammed in between the ejector and receiver. That was obviously enough to bend it. Afterwards the blasted gun jammed 2-3 times every 25 rounds.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
17,245 Posts
I run Volks tubes on both my target 22 Rugers. Use their trigger groups and internals as well. Always had excellent luck with Volks parts. Not cheap but quality never is.

·
Registered
9,024 Posts
G'morning msharley,

I consider the M&P 15-22 a multi solution platform for small and silent problems 😁
Indeed, the rifle sounds like a sewing machine running a seam around a bullseye as well as making me feel like a chicken pecking apart a red dot at distance.
The M&P 15-22 stock and factory replacement 25 round magazines have built in loaders.
Since day one w/ the M&P 15-22 I've only fired Aguila ammo, both 5000 rounds of Super Extra and 500 rounds of Aguila subsonic ammo.
The ejector problem reared its head around 2000 rounds. 1 jam resulted in a spent casing jammed in between the ejector and receiver. That was obviously enough to bend it. Afterwards the blasted gun jammed 2-3 times every 25 rounds.

Enjoy!
Dang...

Devil is in the details...

Glad the rifle/ammo combo works out....

Sure hope primers come back...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts