Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking @ the Remington golden bucket (1400 rds) on sale. But I am reading bad things about it. Any suggestions on good bulk ammo that will work good with the rifle? Thanks

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Every .22 LR firearm is a going to do well with some brands/types of ammunition and less well with others. Some brands/types will not work at all. In my case, Remington golden .22 LR ammo has been fine. However, that brand did not work well in my Marvel .22 LR where one of the rims actually blew out. Many 1,000's of rounds of other .22 LR rounds through that pistol w/ nothing but excellent results. Many more rounds since then w/ nothing but the same excellent results. But, no more of the Remington for that pistol or similar blowback type pistols. Sincerely. bruce.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
I was looking @ the Remington golden bucket (1400 rds) on sale. But I am reading bad things about it. Any suggestions on good bulk ammo that will work good with the rifle? Thanks
Buy small quanities of different ammo and when you know what your gun likes...buy a whole bunch...then you can "Bulk UP"!

Reactions: Mac23

·
Registered
12,612 Posts
My favorites are the Federal red box. It uses a 36gr plated bullet in a 550 round box for about $20. It is the cleanest running 22 ammo I have shot. My rifle is less dirty after 350 rounds of the Federal than after 100 rounds of anything else, and I have no feed problems. Works great in my 617 revolver too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My favorites are the Federal red box. It uses a 36gr plated bullet in a 550 round box for about $20. It is the cleanest running 22 ammo I have shot. My rifle is less dirty after 350 rounds of the Federal than after 100 rounds of anything else, and I have no feed problems. Works great in my 617 revolver too.
I picked up a couple boxes of them from wally world yesterday. Last 2 boxes I might add. All they had left was lead ammo. @20 bucks a pop that price is hard to beat. I usually run cci but its like 10 bucks for a box of 100 or armscor which is $13 for 200. Also I live in california so ordering in bulk shipped to my house is a no go.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
I have fired more rounds of Remington golden bullets through my 22's than any thing else. Only issues I have ever had were a few misfires in a box or 2 bought during the great .22 drought when I found some at a decent price and Remington was running 24/7 trying to keep up. The advice from Charlie 686 is spot on BTW.
Some day someone may be able to explain to me why some guns will shoot ammo x with perfect function and good accuracy and an equal type and quality gun will hate it. Good luck.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Mine does ok with golden bullets,cci mini mags,win m-22,cci clean supp.,since putting in volquartsen extractor eats bout anything I feed it,took Geisele SSAE out of Bushmaster put in it,works great in 15-22,the .22 gets shot so much more,60 second job to swap out again

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts