Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Read Only
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Video: M&P 15-22 w/ Aguila Super Extra ammo.

My only complaint is that sometimes [more than I care for] a round doesn't eject and another tries to go into the barrel ...... where one already is..
To the point where this is annoying. I've seen some suggest going w/ the VOLQUARTSEN carbon fiber barrel that has another ejector. I already replaced the stock extractor w/ a Talon.

Anyone any advice? Other than that I really like the heck out of this gun!

First outing: bottom is 50 yards and top is 100 yards:

·
Registered
15,648 Posts
Make sure your magazines are loaded correctly with every other round staggered. Improper loading causes most of the feed issues on these

·
Read Only
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Make sure your magazines are loaded correctly with every other round staggered. Improper loading causes most of the feed issues on these
I noted that and also grabbing the magazine seems to contribute to feed issues. I have a tendency to want to grab the magazine, this was the reason I installed a magwell grip. The problem though was present before installing the magwell grip and talon extractor, and having been aware of the staggered feed of rounds in the mags - I'm positive it isn't the problem.

I noted one pro reviewer of this gun suggest that the ejector is the problem for most frequent misfires. Next month I'll probably order the VOLQUARTSEN barrel with ejector, install, and report back if this fixed the issues.

Much appreciate you chiming in @jonesy814

Enjoy,
Bombastic

·
Read Only
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Just posting this video hoping that it may help someone. I did these adjustments and can't wait to test fire through a few magazines to see whether the issue has been resolved before investing in a replacement barrel/ejector by Volquartsen Firearms :

·
Read Only
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Excellent! Sincerely. bruce.
Thanks! Was a beautiful day as the sun set and shadows rolled down the hillside. Where am I? Laying prone at the base of a hill w/ the sun to my back as the blanket of darkness begins to cover me. Just love plinking: plink plink plink.

Can't wait to go shooting again. I was shooting about the 5 o'clock position uphill. Next time I'll shoot straight ahead of the target and make any minor adjustments to tighten the groupings further. The .22lr is so much cheaper to shoot - I don't cringe and count the dollars of every expelled round!

Looking forward to seeing whether minor adjustments to the M&P 15-22's ejector solves the misfire issues I was having.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts