Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
My take on any rifle is if its reliable and accurate then how can another be any better? Perhaps ergonomics or length or perhaps weight? I think sometimes we are taken over by marketing hype, allow ourselves to be convinced that this or that firearm is superior because it costs more or its from some other country when actually it does no more than what we already have. IMO, the SCAR is a neat rifle, just not so sure I'd ever pay what is asked to own one, not when I can do the same job for half the price with an AR-10.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After shooting both over 100 rds I noticed the m&p 10 after about 3 shots starts to open up from 1.5 moa to 6 moa scar 17 seems to hold less then 2 moa consistently fist couple shots out of scar are 1 moa , looks like I will be selling my M&P :(

·
Registered
7,614 Posts
I think the SCAR has a button rifled barrel like the HK's. My HK 91 shoots the same after 100+ rounds. I have an Imbel fn-fal that shoots good. It'll gobble any ammo with a little tweaking. I don't have the price of a SCAR in THREE rifles. Hmmm, JMHO:cool:

·
Administrator
8,038 Posts
I've put over a thousand rounds through my M&P 10 and have not had an issue with accuracy opening up like you describe. It sounds like you should be sending it back to S&W for a look-see.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've put over a thousand rounds through my M&P 10 and have not had an issue with accuracy opening up like you describe. It sounds like you should be sending it back to S&W for a look-see.
From what I understand it's the pencil barrel heating up if I wait a min between shots then it's no so bad

1 - 7 of 7 Posts