Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a chance at a model 66-2, 4". Used in nice shape, nobox, papers etc. Hogue finger groove grips. I want it for a shooter. Are there any issues with this model and dash number? Guy says he needs $395 for it ,is this about the going rate? I appreciate any info or opinions. bobw

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Bob,

Sounds like a fair price to me. The 66 is a great gun. I'm partial to its blued brother, the 19. Of course the -2 is the first engineering change that dropped the pinned barrel and recessed cylinder, but aside from that the -2 is a great choice. Go get it. kfjdrfirii

·
Registered
497 Posts
I'd probably get it before it was gone. Unless you want pinned and recessed.

·
Registered
19,786 Posts
It sounds pretty good to me. Not being a collecter, but a shooter, I don't care that it has Hogue grips, or other well made wooden grips. I don't care for S&W Targets much. You don't say if it has rubber or wood Hogue's. I prefer the wood on .22's, but, on a M-66, I prefer rubber Pach's or Hogue's for shootin'......and wood for lookin'! ;) Bob

·
Super Moderator
8,955 Posts
Holy cow Bob, what a deal you got!!

·
Super Moderator
8,955 Posts
Bob, I am not an expert by any means, but I have seen them go for 20 to 40 bucks a set, the ones with the sight adjustment tool go for the higher end. If the sight adjustment tool is a rare one you can a decent buck for that alone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts