Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29,941 Posts
Looks good. Bring it out to the range with use tomorrow so we can see how it handles with the different grips.

Reactions: jonesy814

·
Registered
11,750 Posts
The only Combat stocks I have are on an N-Frame and they feel good, but for a J-Frame, I like the rounded stocks in your picture, I just imagine they'd fit better in my hand. Either way, you're well attired for the 'shooting party'! :)

·
Super Moderator
35,557 Posts
Looks great, big enough to be able to get a handle on but small enough to not be overwhelming in size!

Reactions: jonesy814

·
Registered
681 Posts
The round butt darker ones look nice, I prefer the lighter ones, unless I pick them up and go "eww, those just don't feel right!"
Looks wise, they remind me of a modern take on the older factory finger groove "Combat" grips S&W marketed in the 80s.

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Both sets of grips are from Thailand via Ebay. The lighter set will work with both round & square butt guns. I may throw them on my 22/32 kit gun to allow a bit more grip on that beast

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The round butt grips handled recoil fine, but I did run into a problem
Finger Hand Leg Nail Material property

Looks like a blister but actually that piece of flesh was ripped loose but still attatched a bit on 1 side.
Here is the culprit
Revolver Trigger

That edge isnt real sharp but it was enough. Started fixing it already
Razor

Will make the other side match then strip & refinish

·
Registered
29,941 Posts
Looks good. Are you going to do the other side as well..to match? That grain looks great on area you fixed. I think it would look awesome and really pop with a lighter stain. JMHO.;)

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks good. Are you going to do the other side as well..to match? That grain looks great on area you fixed. I think it would look awesome and really pop with a lighter stain. JMHO.;)
Yep, some nice grain there being hidden by the dark finish. Once they are stripped & sanded I will see what shows up. I may do a clear oil finish

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.