Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, can anyone tell me if a m-29-10 will fit a m-29-2 barrel, and can I expect the blue to be similar.
Thank you

·
Registered
10,918 Posts
Anything is possible with the right amount of money. But,,,, the threads changed at the 29-3 to a 'crush fit' when S&W stopped pinning the barrels

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the info. Im trying to find a 8 3/8 barrel for the m-29-10 and it seems this animal is not available.
Thanks
Sheldon

·
Registered
10,918 Posts
Sheldon, the long barrels are 'out of favor' with most of the shooting populace right now so buying an 8 3/8 barreled 29-anything might end up being the cheaper way to go anyway.

·
Banned
732 Posts
All N-Frame barrel threads are the same so it should work. The "crush" fit is a non-issue. In any barrel swap, the thread must be timed in order to get the front sight correctly aligned. Ditto for adjusting the B/C gap. That said, unless you have the special tools and knowledge to do this job, just selling your existing 29 and buying an 8 3/8" model is probably the best way to go-as previously mentioned.

Bruce

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guy's thank you very much for your time and wisdom. I have a line on a barrel and IM going for it. I will report my out come.
Sheldon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts