Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious as to what the members here use to lube their firearms. Right now I use f10 for oil and white lithium grease for the rails of my 1911's. :)

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Hey, c pierce
I'm a great believer in CorrosionX for all my weapons... rifle, shotgun, revolver or semi-auto pistol.
Don
;)

·
Super Moderator
8,963 Posts
Maybe I am old fashioned, but I have been using Hoppes for over 30 some odd years and never had a problem.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Plastilube for my Garands and the rails on my 1911, LSA for everything else.

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
I have been using Hoppes #9 for years and thirty weight motor oil for lube. As a matter of fact Bushmaster says they use it to lube all there rifles before shipping, makes them shine.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I use Hoppes # 9 for cleaning.
For lube I use Breakfree CLP and Tetra gun grease.
For a quick wipe-down I'll use REM oil.
My rifles are lubed with the Tetra grease as well as the rails of my Sigs pistols. I have used Kroil oil for certain applications. It's good stuff to keep around.

·
Registered
20,164 Posts
I use the can of Hoppe's gun oil that came with my cleanning kit, 30 years ago. I don't oil them much........a little goes a long......long way!!! Don't want to gum them up. :roll: I wipe down my guns with a silicone wiping rag. When I'm really bored.......I buff the SS revolvers with McQuire's car chrome wax. Even works good on blued guns, too. I oil the bore, after cleanning, when I'm going to use them outdoors.
;) Bob

·
Registered
429 Posts
I've got a bottle of Breakfree and a tube of Gunslick that I've used for a few years.

Shhhhh.... Don't tell them this stuff lasts a long time!
I clean with Hoppes #9 and Copper Cutter #10.

Silicone cloth rub on blue and Mother's (from the great advise from the guys here) on SS. RIG or Birchwood/Casey Lead remover for SS cyl burn.

I like the results so far.

Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts