Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 6 months ago I replace my full size 1911 with a Shield 2.0 in .45 acp with an integrated red laser. Fell in love with it It will shoot anything I run through it even my reloads. Easy to carry and recoil is manageable. But after 100 rounds you will feel the ruff grip texture on your hands. For me that is a good thing makes it easy to hold on to the gun. I will replace the front sight with something a little bigger for my old eyes, but as is it will work. Very easy to carry in appendix carry with a good iwb holster. I am a very happy camper.:)

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Love the Shield 2.0 .45
The M2.0's that I have shot have been pretty impressive. (y) And I say that as an all-metal kind of guy. :giggle:

I
never actually got around to shooting my Shield 1.0 in .45 before the M2.0 version came out. Part of that was due to MA Compliance timing and part was due to the magazine follower issue, which I wanted resolved before spending range time with it. Part of it was also the fact that I seriously over-paid for it at the time (pre-rebates), which was just plain stupid on my part and left a very bad taste in my mouth. :( In the end, I decided to dump all of my Shields, although I have kept my other S&W Version 1.0 plastics... at least for now. :cool:

Perhaps someday an M2.0 will impress me enough to pick one up. :) Or maybe I'll just wait for M3.0 so I don't have to feel like I'm been obsoleted and superseded so soon again! ;)

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
I also carry a Shield. Mine is a version 1, Performance Center (light pipe sights, ported).
It's a very good concealed carry handgun. The sights are excellent: (This is a stock photo from the S&W website)

I did buy mine back during the rebate program in 2017... At that time they had over-produced handguns for a weak market demand period, and the pricing and availability was remarkable.

One dealer turned up at the Raleigh gun show with about 100 each in 9mm, .40S&W and .45ACP. By the first afternoon, he had sold all of the 9mm pistols, and by the second day, all of them. Prices out the door after rebate were about $210.

This had an impact on the overall handgun market for the years (2017-2019) they ran these levels of pricing and rebates. Not any more...

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've had my Shield 9 2.0 for 3 years and couldn't be happier with it. I already have a Colt lw Commander in .45, but my next purchase will be the Shield .45.

Reactions: Madviking

·
Registered
502 Posts
About 6 months ago I replace my full size 1911 with a Shield 2.0 in .45 acp with an integrated red laser. Fell in love with it It will shoot anything I run through it even my reloads. Easy to carry and recoil is manageable. But after 100 rounds you will feel the ruff grip texture on your hands. For me that is a good thing makes it easy to hold on to the gun. I will replace the front sight with something a little bigger for my old eyes, but as is it will work. Very easy to carry in appendix carry with a good iwb holster. I am a very happy camper.:)
I have the 1.0 9 mm. I like it a lot.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I've had my Shield 9 2.0 for 3 years and couldn't be happier with it. I already have a Colt lw Commander in .45, but my next purchase will be the Shield .45.
The Shields are great. I want a 2.0. Mine is a 1.0 9 mm. The guy there said there isn’t a big difference. Also, I got mine barely used for $270. The new 2.0 on the shelve was $450 I think at the time.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The Shields are great. I want a 2.0. Mine is a 1.0 9 mm. The guy there said there isn’t a big difference. Also, I got mine barely used for $270. The new 2.0 on the shelve was $450 I think at the time.
The only real difference is how the trigger feels and shoots.

·
Registered
92 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I shot yesterday using my lead ball that I reloaded for CAS Wild Bunch matches. Ran 200 rounds and gun never missed a beat. Hand did show signs of ruff grip texture.
Thank You Wendy ZXZ. I am new here but not new to firearms.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I've got a 1.0 9mm, shield EZ 9mm and a 2.0 45acp. I'm not refined enough to notice the huge trigger difference that is supposed to exist. All three shoot great but I'm preferential to 45 so it gets carried the most. I bought the EZ because I had a hand problem but surgery Friday hopefully fixed that issue, right now I'm pocket carrying BG38.

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
My example of the Shield 45ACP was problematic. Sent it back to S&W. received it back from S&W and it was still problematic. I sold it to another Individual with full knowledge disclosed to that individual of the operating discrepancies. That individual had issues with it also.

·
Registered
502 Posts
My example of the Shield 45ACP was problematic. Sent it back to S&W. received it back from S&W and it was still problematic. I sold it to another Individual with full knowledge disclosed to that individual of the operating discrepancies. That individual had issues with it also.
Sorry to hear that. My 9 mm shield has worked flawlessly. I wonder if some calibers of them are better

·
Registered
96 Posts

My Shield .45 shoots much better in my hands than my 9mm 2.0.
Both are set up identically: New Triggers, Night Sights and sticky grip sleeves.

In .45, it's replaced my 9mm Shield as my primary CCW...and seems much more accurate than the 9MM version. It eats everything i feed it including my various reloads.

The Apex full trigger upgrade is well worth the $$$ imho, but stock out of the box it's very good.

Highly recommended and an easy shooter with time-proven knock down power.

·
Registered
29,984 Posts
I purchased a gen 1 version of the Shield in 9mm and love it. If I didn't already have an subcompact .45 I would seriously consider a shield version.

Reactions: Madviking
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.