Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm exactly a week away from joinin' up with the Ancient Ones. For those that do not know, that is a group of Re-Enactors here in Maine that limit the time period to 1820. Truth be told, most of them could be transported back in time to 1820 Maine and nobody would be the wiser ;)

Tough crowd. One that I will have to earn the respect of some members to fit in. This whole Period Correct (PC) or Historically Correct (HC) thing is the ultimate in spliting very fine hairs.... much worse then the S&W Internal Lock and MIM issues rolled into one. :mrgreen:

But if your interest's lie in History and gaining an insight into the past...this is an honest and earnest path to take...

Folks speak plain, mean what they say....do what they mean.

giz

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Since it is historically correct i assume no cameras at the initation ceremony. But how about some charcoal sketches you scan in?

:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Camera's are allowed on the events scheduled for Saturday. I'm going to meet and greet, watch the events, and see what it takes to become a member. Starts on Friday and ends on Sunday. I'll be interested in the Trade items they all bring, might find something neat to bring home. I'm smart enough to go in modern clothing...don't want to be attacked and rolled in the ash pit :mrgreen:

giz

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I made it through the day. And the folks I met were wonderful. The day was full of events..

Knife and Hawk Woodswalk
Standing Knife and Hawk
Smoothbore Woodswalk
Rifle Woodswalk
Pistol Woodswalk
Archery Woodswalk
Standing Archery
Skillet Toss
And the Canton Cook-Off ;)

First thing this morning everyone laid out their trade blankets. I have to tell you that was the best part of the day for me. I came home with an armload of items that I needed and wouldn't find anywhere else....everything from a old time throwing knife to a beautiful new day horn... :)

giz

1 - 6 of 6 Posts