Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

Once again the tiny little strain screws (?) on both my M624 & M625 have worked loose in one range session. I only shoot factory (or factory equivelent handloads) in them, so recoil should not be a big factor. This time I lost the adjustment bushing (?) from the M624. I hope I got the terminology close enough to explain my problem.

Is there a known fix for this? I'm getting pretty weary of this problem. Red Loctite? Drill & tap for a larger screw? Aftermarket sights?

hipnp hipnp hipnp

·
Registered
273 Posts
Which ones do you mean ? My 625 the screw that attaches the sight to the frame, front end of the sight would work loose on recoil. I shoot matches with it so plenty of heavy loads. I put a tiny drop of CA (super) glue in the hole. No more problems. Locktite would work good too but the super glue will break free if you apply heat. touch it with a soldering iron.

Sight adjustment screws ones that click, never had a problem. They are staked, if not that could be the issue. Takes a special tool to stake them on, Brownells sells it. Sight replacement job that will last my gunsmith does for 50 bucks. Either Smith or Weigand sights.

Boats

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.