Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was quite fortunate this week, I had a 4" 686-4 on layaway at our local range and finally had the $ pick it up. So Tue. night we go to the range for our new 686, one of the employees had told me a few weeks before that he had a CS-1 which is a 686 that was made for the US customs service in the late 80's. These are kind of a hard to find model and since I'd never seen one in person I asked him to bring it in, well after several "I forgots" he brought it on Tue. :D I jokingly asked if he wanted to sell it again and this time he said YEP! Imagine my suprise, we agreed on a price and the deal was done, I picked it up tonite. Mfg. Dec. 1987, 3" CS-1 complete with it's original box and paperwork. This is a model that was one of my "grail" guns and now here it is:

·
Super Moderator
8,997 Posts
Very cool, nice to get something you have been wanting.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
What a great lookin "L" Frame. I hope it shoots as great as it looks, then you'll be doubly pleased. Congrats and good luck with it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quarter Cherokee said:
I like it. Have you shot it, yet?
Thanks folks, I'm pretty proud of it. We put about 40 rds through it last nite, it shoots great. The trigger could use a slight touchup it still has that "new" feel to it but other than that it's great. These had a smaller front site that regular 686's 1/8" vs 1/10" so the site picture is different than what I'm used to on my other 686's.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
40 rounds through it...yeah, that's what I'm talkin' about. Whenever I buy a gun, new or used, I can't wait to get out and see what it's all about. That trigger will settle down eventually.

Take care.

QC

1 - 13 of 13 Posts