Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a nice example of 60's craftsmanship and it shoot's like a laser beam with Sierra Game Kings (165 flavor) but the trigger sucks big time. It has a heavy pull, substantial creep and a decided notch I cannot seem to stone out so I've been looking at a Huber Ball Bearing replacement trigger. According to the Huber website, I will have to do some modifications on the furniture to get it to fit / work properly. I don't want to alter / destroy the rifle's value but by the same token, I want to improve the trigger, the only thing that makes this rifle not a A+ hunting gun...

Anyone have one?

Anyone have one and if you do, do you like it? View attachment 92402

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
Might already have an adjustable trigger.

·
Registered
12,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Might already have an adjustable trigger.
Wish it did, it don't. I have had it apart and stoned the sear, that helped a bit but I have a Huber Concepts ball bearing match trigger laying in the shop I will install.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
I have several Timney triggers. As I'm sure you are aware, hunting is not the same as target shooting so neither is the trigger.

·
Registered
191 Posts
A small ring Mauser, Timney trigger is said to work well and be a replacement trigger in your S&W Husky?

·
Registered
12,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I installed a Huber ball bearing 2 stage trigger. Works fine, no creep or pretravel and I have it set to 1.5 pounds pull. Not a drop in but well within my modification capability.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts