Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many doing such work, but I'm hoping to find someone who'll do a good job in a reasonable time (3 mo. max) for a reasonable price. Impossible?

·
Registered
3,454 Posts

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
First question I have is what’s wrong with your Gold Cup trigger/hammer? Is it something Colt needs to address? Is it something shooting will smooth up? Are you just looking for that “hair trigger”? If you are just interested in changing the profile of your hammer, Wilson makes some great drop in parts. Swapping a hammer on a Gold Cup is about as easy as changing your oil.

Depending on what you are after, and if it were me, I’d contact Cylinder and Slide. Their prices seem reasonable and you don’t send them your firearm until they are ready for it. 4-8 week turnaround. That is unless I couldn’t do it myself.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First question I have is what’s wrong with your Gold Cup trigger/hammer? Is it something Colt needs to address? Is it something shooting will smooth up? Are you just looking for that “hair trigger”? If you are just interested in changing the profile of your hammer, Wilson makes some great drop in parts. Swapping a hammer on a Gold Cup is about as easy as changing your oil.
I replaced the original hammer with a pre-war hammer having the wide hammer spur; it "works," but the pull-weight quadrupled! Not surprising, but I don't want to risk ruining this pre-war hammer by trying to correct it myself. Just looked over Wilson's optional hammers--this wide spur design is not among their selection.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts