Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received this S&W revolver from my grandfather this weekend. He told me it was his great uncles service weapon when he was an officer in Illinois. I've been doing some research online the past couple days trying to narrow the year/change and estimated value though I have no intentions to sell. I believe it's an I frame 32-20 caliber. The last patent date is July 7 03 S/N#32309
Orange Pumpkin Kitchen utensil Font Ingredient
Sports equipment Glove Guitar accessory Orange Sports gear
Hood Automotive lighting Orange Motor vehicle Yellow
Automotive tire Wood Audio equipment Rim Waste container

Attachments

·
Premium Member
21,054 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the cotton and peanut covered plains of the Wiregrass! That'd be a .32 Winchester Model 1905, 1st Change from 1907. .32 Winchester is also known as .32-20 and .32 WCF. It is a K frame, round butt.

.32 Winchester is still being made. Many years ago, you could buy it in a handgun or rifle only version. The higher powered rifle only is no longer made so almost any .32-20 ammo is safe to shoot. There's always a caveat that you might run across a manufacturer that is pushing over pressure loads but, usually, they'll tell you up front if it is unsafe for handguns. Have that thing checked out by a gunsmith before you shoot it. It looks pretty rough and it is 114 years old...jes sayin'.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I received this S&W revolver from my grandfather this weekend. He told me it was his great uncles service weapon when he was an officer in Illinois. I've been doing some research online the past couple days trying to narrow the year/change and estimated value though I have no intentions to sell. I believe it's an I frame 32-20 caliber. The last patent date is July 7 03 S/N#32309 View attachment 524312 View attachment 524313 View attachment 524314 View attachment 524315
I received this S&W revolver from my grandfather this weekend. He told me it was his great uncles service weapon when he was an officer in Illinois. I've been doing some research online the past couple days trying to narrow the year/change and estimated value though I have no intentions to sell. I believe it's an I frame 32-20 caliber. The last patent date is July 7 03 S/N#32309 View attachment 524312 View attachment 524313 View attachment 524314 View attachment 524315
Thanks a lot I'll def get it checked out before firing. It will probably be put it in a shadow box and pass it down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts