Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to the forum. I recently purchased a Model 1076. It came with one magazine that has a white follower. I am finding out that obtaining additional mags is a significant challenge. Any suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,827 Posts
You can either try to find one on ebay at a reasonable price (not), place a WTB post here... or roll your own by assembling one from parts.

I went with option 3... assembling from parts, which was also the less expensive option with the premiums being place by sellers on used mags.

Numrich (gunpartscorp.com) has everything except for the mag spring, but that's ok because Wolff Springs has them, and I would go with their springs in the first place. Numrich also has used mags listed as being available... but that's an unknown, I would want to replace the spring, and maybe the follower if it's an older style yellow one and worn.

The individual parts are new... so weight the pros and cons, but don't wait too long because it's unusual for Numrich to have everything (but the springs) available... the much needed mag buttplate catch is usually out of stock.

Reactions: 1stgensmith39-2

·
Super Moderator
32,527 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Gunhacker may have the best answer. The magazines are hard to find for those older pistols, and if you find them they can be quite pricey.

·
Registered
188 Posts
You can either try to find one on ebay at a reasonable price (not), place a WTB post here... or roll your own by assembling one from parts.

I went with option 3... assembling from parts, which was also the less expensive option with the premiums being place by sellers on used mags.

Numrich (gunpartscorp.com) has everything except for the mag spring, but that's ok because Wolff Springs has them, and I would go with their springs in the first place. They also have used mags listed as being available... but that's an unknown, I would want to replace the spring, and maybe the follower if it's an older style yellow one and worn. The individual parts are new... so weight the pros and cons.
Just to add to this great advice, absolutely go with the white ( flat ) followers. If you can find reasonably priced mags with yellow followers grab them and replace the followers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts