Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was at a gun shop I don’t usually go to and in the revolver case was a 4” fixed site N frame size S&W. The finish was a semi flat blueing, kind of like some 28s I have seen, and was wearing pachmayr presentations. The real oddity: where the cylinder indexing slots are, the cylinder was hard chromed so basically a 1/2” shiny ring around it.Recessed cylinder and pinned barrel. Standard trigger and hammer, both case hardened. magnaported slot both sides of the front site. Very well done. Excellent trigger and action, could pass as factory but I was pretty sure it must be a custom job. No pictures allowed. Since I know very little about 58s I assumed it was someone’s custom job? Dealer knew zip about it other than it was traded in recently. They wanted $900. I said thanks and moved along. Still.,. It was and interesting piece. So it wasn’t some distributor special, right?

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
That'd be like buying someone else's custom chopper. I've passed on several custom guns including a Bill Davis PPC Model 10.

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Interesting to look at, but , at $900, I’m not a buyer. I like .41 Mag, but this “custom” job suited someone else, not me. Hank

1 - 7 of 7 Posts