Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you can't shoot any better than I can you need all the help you can get. Here are some of my favorites. A pic of my 8 3/8 S&Ws. My LF 44 Dan wesson followed by my dan wesson 8in 22. Can't leave out the 41 redhawk.
The redhawk is shown with my s&w 57 with rubber grips before I put the Jaruwan grips on it.
Cliff image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

·
Registered
27,239 Posts
Some nice examples of "long barreled" revolvers everyone. Just not my thing but I like looking at them, thanks for sharing the pics.:)

Reactions: jeepnut and Cliff

·
Super Moderator
34,470 Posts
Those are all great looking revolvers! I prefer a shorter barrel for the less weight and better balance. I know one on Kenneth's list is a Colt Peacemaker or similar model and he would get the longer 7" plus because he finds them more attractive.

·
Registered
17,303 Posts
I suppose it helps accuracy when your barrel reaches 1/2 way to the target.... :)
The longer the tube, the straighter the throw.... and the better the muzzle velocity too.

Not something you can carry in your pocket however.:D

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
I personally do not really care for a barrel longer than 4", but made an exception for the 2020 Python and for a 1966 Model 28. Even those are only 6," but that's long to me.

Python.jpg Model28-2AC.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts