Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about doing it ... would like to hear the good and bad. Is it worth the cost? is it really an improvement or is it a solution in search of a problem? If I chose to do it is there anything to be wary off? (thinking of that wee bitty hand spring that caught me by surprise)

https://www.originalprecision.com/
Alex

·
Registered
19,963 Posts
All of mine are gone. no kit. Took out device per U-Tube video and left cover in it. Trigger was a little lighter and no issues.

·
Registered
20,909 Posts
I won't buy a S&W with the lock!!!!!! I'll keep what I have from the mid to late '70's. Now, I buy Ruger Semi-Autos, and like them better. Good trigger pull SA or DA. kfjdrfirii Bob

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
We have 2 such guns. One is strictly for target shooting. The other is my wife's 22 mag Airweight. Looks pretty; spends most days in the safe. Neither has been locked and never failed to function. They just aren't worth messin' with.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Just take the "flag" out and you leave the key cylinder in. Doesn't look much different that a $40 "plug" In other words there is no hole to fill
Some guy on the other forum used to sell stainless ones .

Waste of money to even mess with it IMHO

·
Registered
23,436 Posts
I had one lock up while shooting & remove them on all of the guns I might carry for defense. The lock is a moronic, fragile thing that could be accomplished better w/ a padlock between the trigger & trigger guard. I remove the entire mess since it serves no useful function, creates a possible problem, reduces the drag on the hammer & lightens trigger pull by @ least 1 lb. I guess the hole left in the side is ugly (make a good lube port) but my S&W's are shooters, not pretty wallhangers. Cost? About 15 minutes time.

·
Registered
17,303 Posts
Factory warranty? Don't need no stinking warranty....:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts