Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The town where we live had a car show right down the middle of Main Street today. All makes, models, and years were welcome. It was pretty neat.

I still think the old Ford Fairlane Skyliner with the retractable hardtop is super cool!

This Plymouth's dash is so "old school" that I just love it! The translucent steering wheel is awesome! I like the clock right in the middle of the dash too!

One of the cars actually driven (raced?) in a mid-1970's Cannonball was there. Our daughter thought the idea of racing from sea to shining sea against the 55 mile per hour speed limit was pretty neat.

This art was on the trunk of a Plymouth Prowler:

I have a "thing" for orange, even if it's on a Chevy:

Speaking of Chevys, even a Ford guy like me can appreciate the new Camaro:

Lauren also go to meet the Michelin Man (with a Shelby GT in the background)!

-Steve

·
Administrator
8,194 Posts
Steve,
When I was a kid, our next door neighbor had one of those convertibles. I still remember the very first time I watched him put the top down. I stood in awe..

Very cool pictures. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Steve
Many thanks for those really neat photos!
Takes me right back to my 'misspent youth'.
Just a small factoid...That '58 Ford retractible used 47 motors and servos to raise and lower the top.
And none of it solid-state hpzl;n;
The '61 Plymouth dash also brings back some great 'street racing' memories.
At night, that setup was a luminescent glow, and really cool.
Great picture of your daughter and Bib, the Michelin man, too.
Glad we have the 'gallery' here. kfjdrfirii
Don

·
Registered
502 Posts
That Plymouth dash, the supplemental heater vents and the sound system under the dash Wow. Not to mention the push button transmission.
My dad had a dodge coronet with the push button tranny. My grand dad had an unknown plymouth with push buttons. Thanks for posting, I feel as if I just took it for a spin.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad you all liked the pics, that's why I posted 'em. It does seem that "gun guys and gals" also like cars! They seem to often go hand in hand. So do knives, swords, and fine watches! You can probably include boats, planes, and trains too!

·
Super Moderator
33,417 Posts
Love that Shelby! I would love to drive one of the new Camaros. They seem too boxy for my tastes, but still pretty nice. Now the new Challenger SRT8! :D

I know that the biggest complaint against the 2010 Mustang GT was that they did not increase the HP enough in comparison with the Camaro and Challenger. I agree. The new Mustang GT should have had at least 350 - 375 HP.

My favorite older car that I have driven was a couple that I knew had a 1970(IIRC) Buick GS with the Stage 1 package. Very nice.

·
Super Moderator
33,417 Posts
mm6mm6 said:
Glad you all liked the pics, that's why I posted 'em. It does seem that "gun guys and gals" also like cars! They seem to often go hand in hand. So do knives, swords, and fine watches! You can probably include boats, planes, and trains too!
Guns, knives, watches, and dogs! :p

Favorite guns:

Knives:

Watch:

Dog...LOL!:

I thought the Randall knives should be shown individually. The Alaskan Skinner and the Bird and Trout are my favorites.

The watch is a Skagan men's watch, but I hate the small faces on women's watches, and YES, it really is THAT thin. I forget that I am wearing it at times. :lol: Good thing I remembered to cover the address box with my name and address on the credit card bill. :shock: ;)

I have had the mutt, Jo for about 5 years. I always adopt from Fuzzy Friends which is a local, no kill shelter here. She is such a sweet natured dog. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts