Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
The moon clip with the holes up in the air, the round at 5:00...did the case split or is that just residue?
Those are some great groups, and a great looking revolver you have there! The ammo looks pretty good also.

Reactions: Wiregrassguy

·
Registered
10,909 Posts
I agree with Hank, good ner-do-well medicine

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
The 625 is an outstanding revolver. Yours is typical of the breed, accurate and beautiful. The grips doubtless help moderate recoil. I have found Pachmayr Presentation grips to be very effective in helping deal with heavy loads especially in extended shooting sessions.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
mini 45 colt loads. that is a nice S&W revolver and good shooting.
I was looking at the ammo and was thinking it looked pretty good! It does look like a mini 45 colt! No wonder I like it!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was looking at the ammo and was thinking it looked pretty good! It does look like a mini 45 colt! No wonder I like it!
One nice thing about reloading is you can make a 45 ACP anything you want from mild to wild ! This particular revolver seems to shoot about anything very well. Would not recommend these heavy loads in a 1911 type gun.

Yep, that one case was split, but no telling how many times I have reloaded it, just throw it in the recycle can & get another. Lotsa free ACP brass laying around at the range where I shoot.

·
Registered
6,959 Posts
Hey Wingman,

Fine shooting! And a fine looking shooting iron!

I use 3.3 gr of Clays, under a 255 gr LSWC, for Bowling Pins. 800 fps.

The 255 gr LSWC is a very accurate bullet. (next time out, set up some clay pigeons at the 75 yd line) LOL

Later, Mark

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just started playing with mine and heavy .452 bullets. Mine (625pc) seems to really like the 250 grain rnfp design, but I have a few new boxes of .452 bullets to play with, 255 grain, 260 and 270, in swc, Keith and LBT. Gonna work these out in 45 super brass, as the case head area is stronger than regular 45 acp brass. Glad yours likes the swc design, as perhaps this will be good news for me as well.

I'm fiddling with grips right now as well. The factory JM's besides being ugly are pretty narrow in the rear. I have a set of Hogue wood finger grooves on it now, and while they help with the torquing of the gun, they too are pretty thin across the back. I am on the hunt for Ropers, Herretts or even the large S&W target styles that I may whittle on to see if I can get a good fit, with a little more cross section of wood in the back. I might even fiddle with the height of the filler area behind the trigger guard to see if a slightly higher hand fit might be more comfortable. The problem I am feeling with the finger groove Hogue's is that they pretty much lock your hand into one position, which is pretty low on the grip.

Thanks for sharing your success,

Craig

oops, forgot to ask. Does yours have the EDM rifiling or cut. Your gun does not look like a JM, not sure what model you have there.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
45 super brass? I have not heard of this, but then again the last time I reloaded was over 30 years ago. So, the super can shoot in acp chamber? Thanks.

·
Registered
19,655 Posts
The grips appear to be Hogue in exotic wood (Pau Ferro?) Nice grips.......I have a pair for my M-17.......they look better than S&W Targets.....and feel better too! Just to add my 2cents! Bob

1 - 20 of 21 Posts