Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a line on a Llama Especial in .38 super. Somewhat familiar with the brand, but never seen this specific model. I assume the name is related to the caliber. Have not seen or handled the pistol, but it looks full size and appears to be in very good shape. No price info yet. I have a Colt and a Kimber 1911 in .38 super and really like both pistols and the round. Certainly do not need another one, but need doesn't carry much weight. If I could pick up the Llama for not much $$, it would make a good walking the woods gun. Thanks for any info/experience you can share.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
lkngf

Hate to be a hater but my experience with Llama semi autos is they don't stick around long.
They seem to range between a headache and OK ,,,but never great.
And O yeah , Mags and parts are ruff to find if you need them.
I'd look first for a Rock Island for an affordable bang around gun. nvonjvila

Reactions: Injunbro

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Can I ask why you don't want to carry either your Colt or Kimber? Seems like you already have the problem solved. Unless you are simply looking for a reason to buy a new gun?!

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Always looking for reasons/justification. No reason not to carry the other 38's except I don't want to scar them up when I am out doing things like cutting wood and moving rocks and gravel around. I tend to change out the nice wood grips on my revolvers when I carry them on my property for the same reason.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Fair enough Mac. I guess I have always had a respect for a firearm showing honest use. And, life is too short to carry cheap/ugly guns. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts