Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I found out about this too late. I really liked Jeff and would love to have this gun. I am not much into commemorative "collectables" but this one I would like. Only 500 made and they were "allocated" to special dealers.

Found a few online they want $1,400.00 + for them! Guess I don't want it that bad.:)

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I got one. I've watched them very closely on Gunbroker. The first week they were selling for 1300-1375. Now they are selling for under the MSRP of 989. This is a very limited edition of just 500. Buying any gun for under the MSRP these days is more uncommon than common. You can get one if you really want one and you're not paying crazy for it. You're paying what it's really worth and no where near what it will be worth 10 years from now to Ruger collectors who couldn't get one.

Many people have seen the initial prices on Gunbroker and gave up. I've got four saved on my watch list that ended for under 950. That's quite reasonable.

Let me say that the stocks fit my hands like no other wood stocks every have and they're perfect for me. Jeff's signature and his likeness is very well done. The polished blue is not done justice in the photos I've seen online. It is dark and deep. The polished stainless steel hammer and trigger really set it off well, as does the unfluted cylinder. The brass bead front sight is a classy and functional touch.

I have the 3" and the 5" GP100 .44 Specials. I'll be selling both because this 4.2" is really a perfectly balanced revolver with the .44 caliber bore and cylinder chambers. It feels light compared to a 4" .357 since all that steel is missing with the .44 caliber chambering.

Rob Leahy's Simply Rugged El Dorado holster is the perfect companion for this gun and Rob will stamp your Jeff Quinn Memorial revolver's serial number into the back of the holster to match.

I commissioned artist Lorin Michki to create an original artwork colored pencil drawing of Jeff Quinn which I presented to his widow Souette. We had prints made up that were limited edition and part of the proceeds benefited Jeff's favorite charity, Bikers Who Care in Clarksville, TN. Rob Leahy used that picture of Jeff that his brother Boge had taken originally and used it for the stamping on the holster.

The sale of the holster and the sale of the guns also benefit Bikers Who Care. Which is awesome! Jeff is loving it, I'm sure!

-Steve

·
Registered
2,004 Posts

Reactions: Rule3

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Excellent article!

It was "Dandy":)

I am going to the range today and shoot mine!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Bobby Tyler of Tyler Gun Works just put one up on Gunbroker for a rather low price. In case anyone is still hoping to get one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts