Smith And Wesson Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Wow. Did not know that. Wonder what there thinking behind that is? I know some states do not allow noodling but here in Oklahoma its pretty popular. I go a couple times with a few friends every year. It can get your heart rate up when a 50-60 pound flathead or bluecat all but swallows your arm.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk
I wonder who the first person was that said "I think I'll stick my entire arm in that catfishes mouth"? Or maybe it was a "hold my beer" moment that turned out fun. Regardless, I don't stick my arms where they don't belong - cows or fish.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Murphy, were you fishing up NW of Barnsdall. That creek always looked good to me around Avant.
Cliff
No. These came from Beaver Creek. It runs through our ranch in northwest Osage county. Grainola area north of Shidler. Are you talking about Candy Creek? We own the land from west of Avant north to the Ramona, Walco road and Candy Creek runs up through it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
Would that loosely translate like maybe "jug fishing" in lake country? Biggest cat we ever caught was 31 pounds. I don't remember if we were using chicken livers or Cataba worms. Both work pretty good around here.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
It's similar but using the tree limbs makes them stationary where the jugs move around with current and wind. We set jug lines also. Make them out of pool noodles and pvc pipe. Lots of fun chasing one that keeps pulling the jug under water.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

21 - 26 of 26 Posts